I’m pro-ing my own map, you’re welcome.
This is a branch version of soot that will be focused solely on HL play.
It combines some of the beta changes with the last (ish) alpha version of soot, so it’s probably a bit of a mess right now brushwork wise. But that will soon change I guess.
Any and all feedback is appreciated.
a2 is out!
un-onewayed the windows
messed around with the heights of the huts at mid to give a greater advantage to attackers from the flank
changed the walkable bit of the hoodoo to be a platform so it’s a little nicer to play around
moved around some ammo and health
made it nice and fall-y
a3 is out baybee!!
- pertified the map a bit more
- changed the rooves around the point to slope only down towards the point.
- extended the roof on the cliff side to block cliff to cliff sightlines
- extended the point to make it easier to get to
- added blocks under all of the pickups for those who have overlays disabled
- removed the ability for jumping classes to get on the flank hut
- other stuff, probably
a4 doth hath released!
- Changed cap time from 12 seconds to 11 (time for one person to cap)
- Moved around health and ammo
- opened up bits of the map with fences
- added no-builds to various areas
- some other stuff, i think
a5 is here, rejoice!
- Added small health into the house
- nerfed the “s4rr spot” by removing the small crate
- minor clipping pass over everything, still probably missing a few things
- other things, i think
b1 is out, whoopie!!!
- detailed everything, obviously
- move the medium pack from the cliff to the hut
- increased the space in the room under bats
- some other stuff i’m sure
This post is deleted!
b3 is now the current version of this map, the map that this thread it about, king of the hill proot, a map for the video game team fortress two
(b2 came out when the site was down, you can download it here)
- added chickens
- other, less important things
- changed some detail in some areas
- added see-through bits around mid for better visibility
- made the s4rr spot as obvious as possible
- other things for sure
b4 has arrived to save our souls
- widened the flank
- removed the ability for sniper to reach s4rr spot
- added a jump blocker to mid
- other stuff i am quite certain
quick update: b4c is live
- made most fence and window clips blockbullets for more consistent splash damage
- clipped a few bits i missed earlier
- remade the spawns to be more in-line with product and other comp koth maps
- other stuff i can’t remember atm
- fixed a bug that let red players get into blu spawn
Thought I would bump this in case anybody has feedback for the map. We will still have a write-in question on the survey to give feedback straight to the developer, but this is in case anybody has something fresh in their mind
b6 has dropped!!!
- re-artpassed everything
- reworked the sniper balconies
- optimized stuff just a teency bit
- clipping pass for that re-artpass
- lowered sh4rt spot
Proot was fine where it’s at. I would recommend removing the s4rr spot, and the hole in house. I love this map, but Sniper was already strong enough on the previous version with how easy it was to rotate between different angles + how small the map was (and still is).
Also someone complained about having frame drops on the new version, so maybe some more optimization improvements are in order .