Staff Turnover Rate, Global Rule Updates, and 2021 September/October Bans#1946
Each season, it may not be too uncommon for the RGL admin team to lose at least one or two admins each season. Common factors for this often include real-life obligations, being demotivated to continue admin work. or not having the necessary time to commit to volunteer work anymore. This can be a growing issue when the turnover rate is high, which means that a considerable amount of time during the offseason is spent recruiting and training new admins over other preseason work.
In RGL 6s Season 4, which started on September 14th, 2020, none of the league admins or moderators on the list are actively serving admins anymore. This effectively means that in a year, the admin team for 6s has completely turned over to the new admin team that we see today.
In the example with RGL Highlander Season 6, which started on June 15th, 2020, only WiLLmaTiC and Powerpuker are the remaining serving Highlander admins from this list.
While many reasons may lead to our volunteer admins opting to retire, we hope to add incentives to the staffing team to better help with retention rates. While this is not an absolute fix, the idea is to incentivize admins that continue to volunteer and contribute after each season.
- Admin for 1 season. 6s league fees will be waived for each consecutive season after.
- Admin for 4 consecutive seasons (for active staff). Choose one free RGL merch of your choice after this duration.
There are also other solutions that we are looking into such as automating repetitive admin work and modifying rules to require less admin intervention that can assist in reducing admin workload (increasing the efficiency of demo requests, adjusting rules to not need an admin to be making the final decision, etc.) – and effectively the burned-out feeling that volunteer admins may feel after being in our organization for an extended time. Being an admin is often considered a thankless job, so showing your appreciation and thanks to any one of our active admins can go a long way in helping to recognize the work that they do.
[1008.5] - POV and STV Demos has been updated to clarify how long POV demos must be kept for RGL seasons and cups. For example, in a traditional RGL 6s season, players are expected to keep and have access to their demos for three months after the last playoff match of the format (from all participants) has been played.
[1007.2.3] - Medals has been updated to clarify the earliest that medals will be delivered for a season.
[1002.4.11] - Team Mutiny has been updated to clarify that team mutinies are based on the number of rostered players for a team and that no distinction is made for starters/substitutes.
[1009.4.2] - Default Ringers is not adding anything new, but is clarifying that default ringers may be denied if the opposing team believes the ringer is greatly better than the person they are replacing.
[1003.3] - Game Exploits has been updated to clarify that teams should inform one another if they unfairly gained uber from pause and also repause the match. This section has also been updated to include two options on how teams can resolve the exploit, should team(s) receive uber illegitimately.
[1002.2] - Harassment / Flaming / In-Game Toxicity has been updated to be clearer on areas where circumventing a player’s block with malintent could be considered as harassment.
[1010.1.1] - Tardiness has been updated to be clearer on when team penalties may be administered for tardiness for a casted match.
[1010.2.1] - Match Server has been updated to add that casted matches which are facing persistent disruptive issues (e.g. DDoS, lag, wrong configurations, etc.), the match will be required to play on a server provided by RGLgg.
These bans were enacted before the release of this article. If you would like to file a report, you can do so on our site here. Appeals can also be found on the same page.
NOTE: We only look at user-submitted reports. If you do not file a report, then there is a good chance we have not seen it and cannot deal with the situation.
The following player(s) have been caught cheating by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
The following player(s) attempted to register their alternate account in RGL. This will be a 6-month ban issued onto the main account.
The following player(s) evaded their ban by playing league matches on an alternate account in RGL, while their main account is actively serving a league ban. Their ban will be extended by another year starting when the evasion ban was applied:
The following players supported the above alt account in evading their ban and will be banned for 6-months:
The following alternate account(s) have been caught connected to existing accounts in RGL by the RGL Anti-cheat team and will be banned:
- Chungus dude 21
- Console~THEBOSS- Has Donated $1
- praytee / prt
- The Heavy
- Geometrical Ano
The following players have been banned and placed on probation:
- Jason - 2-months - Harassment of RGL player(s). (3rd ban inside of RGL)
Update on the player(s) that have been banned while on probation:
- danny - Harassment; continued transphobia during a scrim. (3rd ban inside on RGL, 1st ban on probation)
- hubida - Harassment; racist and transphobic slurs on an RGL platform. (2nd ban inside on RGL, 1st ban on probation)
After the minimum period has been served, the player(s) can appeal to have the ban lifted if they can show that they’ve improved themselves and how they interact within the community.
- average tarot card XXII - Violation of [1002.4.2] - Permanently banned players in a scrimmage.
- Toe - Violation of [1002.4.2] - Permanently banned players in a scrimmage. - 1-week
- Mikhail - Violation of [1002.4.2] - Permanently banned players in a scrimmage. Offseason ban delayed for HL Season 10. - 1-week
- valera - Harassment. Offseason ban delayed for Sixes Season 7. - 1-month
- jrodan - Making a distasteful/inappropriate comment about the passing of an RGL player. - 3-months
- john - Doxxing - 6-months
- marco5 - Doxxing - 6-months
- Kron - Continued harassment; death/bomb threats, threats of ddossing, use of racial slurs during scrims. - Permanent (4th ban inside of RGL)
- mossy - Continued interference/disruption of an RGL match. - Permanent (4th ban inside of RGL)
- oblivion - Breaking RGL’s player code of conduct. - Permanent
The following player(s) have/had been suspended for 1-6 weeks for their usage of racist slurs, homophobic or transphobic language, excessive toxicity and flaming, or derogatory language on our platforms. Repeat offenders will get longer ban lengths.
- botfly - Use of a racial slur during a scrim. Offseason ban delayed for Highlander Season 10. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Sy - Use of a homophobic slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Kiki’s Delivery Service - Use of a homophobic slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Valence - Use of a homophobic slur during a scrim. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Kastaling - Continued excessive toxicity in scrims after a misconduct warning. - 2-weeks / First Offense
- Madringme - Use of a racial slur during a scrim. An increased sentence for Invite players. - 3-weeks / First Offense
- keylime - Use of a homophobic slur during a scrim. Offseason ban delayed for Sixes Season 7. - 1-month / Second Offense
- rikiar - Use of racial slurs during a scrim on an alternate account. - 1-month / First Offense
- k lol - Racism during a scrim on an alternate account. Offseason ban delayed for Sixes Season 7. - 2-months / First Offense
The following player(s) have failed to provide a requested demo. The first offense during the regular season will be a warning. A second offense during the regular season or the first offense during playoffs will lead to suspensions.
- GRUG - Failure to Submit Demos: 2nd Offense // 2-weeks
- cake. - Failure to Submit Demos: 2nd Offense // 2-weeks
- nabla - Failure to Submit Demos: 2nd Offense // 2-weeks
- charis - Passing off a wrong demo as their own POV in a fraud attempt // 2-weeks
- MogulSoap - Failure to Submit Demos: 2nd Offense // 2-weeks
- chalino - Failure to Submit Demos: 2nd Offense // 2-weeks
- antlers - Failure to Submit Demos: 3rd Offense // 3-months
The following account(s) has been banned for having VAC bans that may be affecting TF2. If you have a VAC ban for a game that is not TF2, please contact an admin to get the ban removed.
You can read further details and context about each of the player’s bans by viewing their discipline history on their RGL profile.
Link to original article: https://rgl.gg/?r=24&a=1583
give me a paycheck and i come back and save highlander