@b4nny said in Announcing the RGL No Restriction 6s Summer One Day Cup:
@Micahlele said in Announcing the RGL No Restriction 6s Summer One Day Cup:
@b4nny are you actually gonna play your matches this time
Of course, I always try to get my matches played. Unfortunately during NR6s S2 our opponent (head 6s admin at the time, daffodil) refused to schedule the matches despite my repeated attempts, and the NR6s admin (you) made 0 effort to communicate or coordinate with me, so the games never ended up happening. I’ve already explained this multiple times to you in the RGL discord, yet here you are yet again for some reason still trying to stir up drama in public. Do you even actually care about the success of the NR6s format? If so, then don’t worry about whether I play my matches, just worry about your own participation in the event.
Thankfully, the organizers responsible for this new upcoming NR6s event have learned from the missteps of NR6s S2 and it’s looking to be very positive event. I’m sure it won’t be perfect either, but they’re on the right track so far given that they’ve improved the format (better maps and a 1 day format) and their communication (multiple announcements, and keeping me - one of the most vocal NR6s supporters - in the loop) which should greatly benefit the event’s chances of success. One of the main points of NR6s is to leave your biases and theories behind so that innovative and fresh tactics can prevail, let’s all focus on doing that. :innocent:
Understood. Next time I will also rent a server for you and exec the proper config and send connect your both teams individually. Fuck it. I’ll come to ur house, turn ur PC, launch tf2, and copy paste the connect in console myself too. I’ll do you one better. I’ll even play ur match for you. Don’t even lift a finger b4nny, the admins will do everything for you.
Admins aren’t ur babysitters and they certainly shouldn’t have to ask you to do the one thing you signed up to fucking do. I dropped it in the staff discord because I still had to have some sort of semi-professionalism with you. Now that’s changed. I told daffodil to work it out. He was an NR6s admin. I also had the rest of the NR6s divisions to run with only a few other admins. Being a staff member is already hard enough, it’s ridiculous that you can’t even have the decency to do the one thing you signed up to do during the season.
No, I don’t care anymore about the results of NR6s. You are one of the reasons why. You jerk the format off yet refused to actually play it. I wouldn’t give a shit if you didn’t play because you thought the gamemode was dogshit. “one of the most vocal NR6s supporters” my left nut. Back up your words with fucking actions like actually playing your damn matches and then talk. “b-bu-but I played s1!” yea when there was money being pumped into it and it was something new and exciting that rgl marketed as a tf2 saver cause the results were being sent to valve. Where’d you go when the money wasn’t so big and the dude running it was only given the position because RGL forgot they had nobody to run the format a month before it needed to open.
Season 2 showed me that NR6s is a fundamentally flawed gamemode for league practice because it is more fun to troll and run stupid team compositions for lower divisions, and the higher divs couldn’t be assed to play or even play seriously because they are invested in other more structured and serious gamemodes. Even as just a cup teams would rather just form between friends and have a good time by dicking around.
I already gave the organizers all of my data from the s2 survey (thankfully I had so much data from my invite players to share!) and told them exactly what I’m telling you. NR6s is a failure, and it doesn’t matter how much you push the “innovate with new and fresh tactics!” nobody is going to fucking do it and your cup isn’t going to yield shit.
And cut the chevalier “holier than thou” attitude too. 95% of the rgl staff already hate your guts for how you act and the remaining 5% are just your yes men to anything you say.