8 game pro set maybe
Hi there, here’s a weird Idea, what if we took a common scoring system for tennis and used it in tf2.
The rules go as follows:
- 1 set
- first to 8 rounds/flag captures win
- if there is a tie at 7-7 it’s whoever gets a 2 round/flag advantage wins
- A time Limit of 1 hour, regardless of score at the end of the hour
- If scores are tied at the end of the hour then a golden cap is played
- no half time.
- Pauses are allowed
Pros and cons I can think of:
- No half time means not having to exec another config unless a golden cap is needed
- More in line with other regions not having half times
- Makes it harder for a team to simply get a 1 round lead and park the bus
since you’d have to hold it for upwards of 59 and a half minutes.
- Makes it harder for one team to roll a match in 10 minutes.
- Could work better with CTF
- Might slow down the overall game since teams won’t be in as much of a rush to finish
- Could get very boring after what would normally be a half.
- Could lead to major burnout on both teams playing.
- probably makes ranking teams a lot harder then it needs to be
What do you all think?
i think this is bad
negative ghost rider
I think i tossed around a similar idea a while ago as a format for an MGE tournament