Forums Feedback & Updates

Topic created · 54 Posts · 635 Views
  • The racism post from last week was a pretty good stress test of the forum format. It performed poorly in my opinion. Posts load as you scroll to the top or bottom, so you never leave the page. It also seems the number of posts on the page at any one time is capped – as you scroll more in, the posts in the other direction fall off. This makes finding earlier posts difficult, since it makes the “find” browser function worthless. Adding to that, I found that scrolling up would roll in more than one set of posts, so I would end up navigating well past where I wanted. (This was on Edge browser)

Maybe for that thread it was a benefit to the forums, since it was entirely drama/flame. But more productive threads would benefit from a better system. I suggest a “return to tradition,” and give the threads a static partition, which you navigate by clicking a page link.

• @Teapot

You can change your settings to enable paginate in your settings via your user drop down:

alt text

• @Teapot said in Forums Feedback & Updates:

The racism post from last week was a pretty good stress test of the forum format. It performed poorly in my opinion. Posts load as you scroll to the top or bottom, so you never leave the page. It also seems the number of posts on the page at any one time is capped – as you scroll more in, the posts in the other direction fall off. This makes finding earlier posts difficult, since it makes the “find” browser function worthless. Adding to that, I found that scrolling up would roll in more than one set of posts, so I would end up navigating well past where I wanted. (This was on Edge browser)

Maybe for that thread it was a benefit to the forums, since it was entirely drama/flame. But more productive threads would benefit from a better system. I suggest a “return to tradition,” and give the threads a static partition, which you navigate by clicking a page link.

One of the issues with the current forum software is that changing the default settings in regards to user settings like this wont update it for everyone. It will only affect the default settings for future users. Current users will maintain the settings they currently have and I am unable to do anything as I don’t have any ability to change them.

It would be a good idea for us to poll this along with some other things to determine the overall community thought on the forum settings which would be a good way to evaluate and make decisions like this which directly affect future users.

• Small update with some changes/fixes:

• “Fixed” pfp bug, also removed the rep requirement to change your pfp.
    • Removed the rep requirement to add/change your profile cover photo. This is the image that appears on your user profile and on your hover card.
  • Added the Challenger tags for the forums. You can now use them in the LFP, LFT, and LFS forums.

Removed the Div 1, and Div 2 tags from the forums, and added the Advanced tags for the sixes recruitment forums.

• For the love of god stop deleting every single post you consider off topic, mothership. these forums are dead as fuck bc any juicy drama posted instantly gets deleted. why does rgl even let people make threads when the only threads that dont have their posts nuked is the frag clip thread and admin-made announcement threads

• @pajaro said in Forums Feedback & Updates:

For the love of god stop deleting every single post you consider off topic, mothership. these forums are dead as fuck bc any juicy drama posted instantly gets deleted. why does rgl even let people make threads when the only threads that dont have their posts nuked is the frag clip thread and admin-made announcement threads

I second this. I had one of MY OWN POSTS deleted on MY OWN LFT THREAD because it was considered “off topic”.

Bro let me determine that and report it or some shit lmfao, if its my post in my own thread dont fucking touch it lmfao

• This post is deleted!

For the love of god stop deleting every single post you consider off topic, mothership. these forums are dead as fuck bc any juicy drama posted instantly gets deleted. why does rgl even let people make threads when the only threads that dont have their posts nuked is the frag clip thread and admin-made announcement threads

I am assuming you are referring to that Tsun zu thread in which 99% of the replies were nothing but memes and spam. I verified that it wasn’t a meme/spam thread and therefor none of the spam should be been allowed to be posted in the first place. We have rules that you all must adhere to when using these forums and we will continue to enforce them. If you have a question or concern about a specific instance, I can perhaps shed some light or talk about that specific instance since every situation is unique due to context.

I will also add that these are not the UGC forums, nor should they be viewed as such. The goal of these forums are plainly stated on the rules page:

Mission Statement:

The idea with the forums is to create an open space where constructive conversations, discussions, feedback, and ideas can be shared. It should be noted that the RGL Forums is a platform of RGL.gg.

Our goal isn’t to provide a platform for everyone to start drama on.

@shaayy said in Forums Feedback & Updates:

I second this. I had one of MY OWN POSTS deleted on MY OWN LFT THREAD because it was considered “off topic”.

Bro let me determine that and report it or some shit lmfao, if its my post in my own thread dont fucking touch it lmfao

You can view our specific rules regarding LFT/LFP threads on the rules page. Here is the specific part:

Posts in LF threads must be about the user or team who posted the LF thread and may not include other discussion topics. Both Positive and Negative criticisms are allowed to be posted on LF Posts.

I was not the one who deleted that post, however I will agree with it’s deletion.

The reasons these rules exist for the LFT/LFP sections is because of drama and rule breaking that occurred from unfettered comments being allowed on the previous forums. We will not be rescinding this rule due to the pattern we have seen.

• im not referring to just that thread but seeing that literally 95% of the posts were deleted and not the actual spam thread itself was dumb. idk how you conclude that thread wasn’t a meme thread, take one look at it. what kind of comments do u think are actually going to be made on a thread like that?

the “mission statement” you quoted specifically says it’s supposed to be an OPEN SPACE, not a fuckin echo chamber where only wholesome things can be posted. I mean, you guys locked the crouch peaking thread, and for what? because it was talked about enough?? its a forum for fucks sake.

and finally, lft/lfp threads. that is such bullshit that u guys allow negative criticisms of players and teams, those get flagged as spam and get deleted to keep peoples feelings safe. idk why you would quote that specific rule when you say that “unfettered comments” shouldn’t be allowed on lfts, using that as an umbrella term as anything that’s not a positive comment on someone’s gameplay or as a teammate.

im not referring to just that thread but seeing that literally 95% of the posts were deleted and not the actual spam thread itself was dumb. idk how you conclude that thread wasn’t a meme thread, take one look at it. what kind of comments do u think are actually going to be made on a thread like that?

I talked to the person who posted the thread.

And I agree with you which is why we didn’t delete those posts immediately, nor why we punished anyone who posted on it before we knew what the purpose of the thread was.

However, just because you guys don’t take it seriously does not mean we are going to let everyone meme over every thread just because “lol idc”.

the “mission statement” you quoted specifically says it’s supposed to be an OPEN SPACE, not a fuckin echo chamber where only wholesome things can be posted. I mean, you guys locked the crouch peaking thread, and for what? because it was talked about enough?? its a forum for fucks sake.

…open space where constructive conversations, discussions, feedback, and ideas can be shared.

And even then, we have the off-topic and landfill sections of the forums for you guys to meme it up.

The crouch peeking thread isnt locked so I am not sure what you are talking about there.

and finally, lft/lfp threads. that is such bullshit that u guys allow negative criticisms of players and teams, those get flagged as spam and get deleted to keep peoples feelings safe. idk why you would quote that specific rule when you say that “unfettered comments” shouldn’t be allowed on lfts, using that as an umbrella term as anything that’s not a positive comment on someone’s gameplay or as a teammate.

I am not sure if you are fishing for something, but we do not delete negative criticisms , if you provide an example perhaps I can provide information on why it was deleted.

alt text

Let me provide some context. We used to allow unfettered comments in LFPs, which lead to some negative comments being posted and then the OP coming in to defend themselves. Then everyone and their cousin joined, attacking or defending, and then it spread to other threads. This happened multiple times on the previous forums which lead to these rules being created. We will not be removing this rule.

And just so I dont have to repeat this again, we allow negative criticisms, however your post still have to follow the forum rules.

In closing, we will continue to act as we have because those are the rules we are enforcing. If you have a suggestion for the rules that you would like to see, or something else, we can discuss that. However at this point, simply asking us to stop deleting posts because you disagree with our reasoning behind it, is not a good enough reason for us to change the current system. You may continue to respond if you like, however I believe I had said everything that needed to be said.

• @shaayy said in Forums Feedback & Updates:

You can view our specific rules regarding LFT/LFP threads on the rules page. Here is the specific part:

Posts in LF threads must be about the user or team who posted the LF thread and may not include other discussion topics. Both Positive and Negative criticisms are allowed to be posted on LF Posts.

I was not the one who deleted that post, however I will agree with it’s deletion.

The reasons these rules exist for the LFT/LFP sections is because of drama and rule breaking that occurred from unfettered comments being allowed on the previous forums. We will not be rescinding this rule due to the pattern we have seen.

So wish can talk about how i changed my name for a brief period of time, which provides literally nothing at all to the LFT thread, and shouldve also been deleted, but when I respond to him, thats what gets deleted? Alright bruh.

• I went and looked at Wish’s post and removed it.

• Is there a reason that viewing a forum by label causes it to be sorted by date of original first post rather than date of latest reply?

• @scaredy-bat do you have a screenshot of what you are referring to?

• @scaredy-bat that is interesting, might be because the forum orders are customizable and when you browse by tags, you are browsing by the topic and not the replies. I set it to browse by last response for forums, but I cannot set it to do the same per tags.

• Can we remove the “X Days Later” thing from the forums? It doesn’t really have any practical effect and it’s annoying to look at. There are already timestamps for a reader to understand when posts are made and there is also already a confirmation pop-up message that appears when you post on an inactive thread which deters “necroposting”.

Or if you can just toggle it by subforum, then it would be great if you could remove it from the Recruitment Subforum. Nobody wants/needs to see this on their lft
    alt text

Cheers

• I am unable to set it per forum, but I went ahead and increased it to 14 days instead of the default 7.