remove editing time restrictions

Topic created · 6 Posts · 51 Views
  • @Mothership said in coachs corner:

@vryktion Please dont beg for upvotes.

As far as editing goes, you have up to a week to edit your post if you are a new user. Once you get at least 3 reputation, it gets boosted to a month.

Since the original post on this thread is almost 2 months old now, you still wont be able to edit the original post.

It makes no sense in not being able to edit the original post in cases like these and LFP threads, but I assume you have already heard this 100x times before

• @wish yeah pretty much. There are valid reasons to limiting the time you can edit posts, but this is why we are in beta, to test ideas and features.

• @Mothership said in coachs corner:

@wish yeah pretty much. There are valid reasons to limiting the time you can edit posts, but this is why we are in beta, to test ideas and features.

The feature is already there, why not make it unlimited?

• @wish said in remove editing time restrictions:

@Mothership said in coachs corner:

@wish yeah pretty much. There are valid reasons to limiting the time you can edit posts, but this is why we are in beta, to test ideas and features.

The feature is already there, why not make it unlimited?

Just to test ideas and features. More than likely I will be changing the edit time frames, however I cant say when it will happen. Forum update progress has stalled since a major update for the forums were released that breaks things.

• @Mothership is there any reason for removing editability of old posts? I don’t see very many negatives about allowing edits for posts beyond a month. I don’t really expect much people to really abuse such a thing and it allows community contributors to keep threads updated without having to copy paste their old material and allow people to reference the first post instead of checking back and trying to find the latest post.

I got some gripes about the current UX design of the forum and I’m sorry if this is off topic, I could move this to the forums suggestion tab or something.

On the actual topic, thanks again for the great work coach bucks

• @Frost I moved your post here since its relevant. …and I dont feel like having to read through 4 threads for forum feedback