Qixalite North America Server Trial

Topic created · 37 Posts · 432 Views
  • North America Server Trial

Hello North America,

We are a community and service provider that primarily focuses on delivering servers to the competitive scene. Our current locations have been supporting the AUS/NZ scene for the past five years and most recently expanding throughout Asia and partnering with FBTF to deliver a standardised server experience in South America.

Recently we have been working together with RGL on bringing our service to the North America scene. The locations we plan to deploy a trial phase to are Iowa, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City with the primary focus being on Iowa. This trial phase will include 6 free servers and 10 exclusive servers in Iowa and the other two locations having 4 exclusive servers each.

Contingent on the success of the trial (a clear indication of high demand on the free servers) we will transition to permanently supporting the region and increasing our server count.

In contrast to other booking solutions in the region, we primarily operate entirely through Discord, so you won’t need to leave and go to a website to get your server. You can get a server by joining the Qixalite Discord here. After entering check out the #roles channel and sign-up to the TF2 role by reacting, then you can view the #tf2-booking channel.

If you would like further information regarding our booking system, please head over to our support documentation here.

RGL Aliases:

• rcon rgl-6s-standard-h1
    • rcon rgl-6s-standard-h2
    • rcon rgl-6s-koth
    • rcon rgl-6s-koth-bo5
    • rcon rgl-6s-golden
    • rcon rgl-6s-scrim
    • rcon rgl-7s-koth
    • rcon rgl-7s-koth-bo5
    • rcon rgl-7s-standard
    • rcon rgl-7s-stopwatch
    • rcon rgl-hl-koth
    • rcon rgl-hl-koth-bo5
    • rcon rgl-hl-standard
    • rcon rgl-hl-stopwatch

Booking Commands:

• book iw
    • book iowa
    • book lv
    • book vegas
    • book lasvegas
    • book las-vegas
    • book sl
    • book slc
    • book saltlake
    • book saltlakecity
    • book salt-lake
    • book salt-lake-city

You can check out our supported server configs here or server locations and their commands here.

Kindest Regards,
    Qixalite

• pog!

• man i just bought a server yesterday

• I unfortunately played a season of australian highlander and for having 300 ping I found Qixalite servers very high quality, this will probably be on par with serveme

• how is the routing from west coast am i gonna still have the cuck ping

• As a Canadian east coast player, the routing to the Iowa server isn’t to bad. On the couple of scrims my team has done on these servers this season I found that on average I get 10ish higher ping to Iowa then to Chicago . On match days I found that the server didn’t have the normal serve me problems where it studders all night .

As a nice bonus all configs have the same soapdm as DM servers as a base, as well as accuracy stats which serveme locks behind their premium features.

Bot/channel that you set the server up in seems to function very well, they also notify the discord server of any attacks on the server which is kind of nice as well

Imo 10/10 better then serveme by far

• @Powerpuker said in Qixalite North America Server Trial:

accuracy stats which serveme locks behind their premium features.

they don’t? it’s easily enable-able through a cvar tftrue_logs_accuracy 1

• I am just going off of what their “premium” page lists that you get over standard users

55d0cac8-d543-4f2f-82de-5b4e298b9462-image.png

@vibeisveryo

Edit: added image and @

• @Powerpuker i was just about to cite my scrims from last night having accuracy stats as a counterexample but then i realized i have premium 🤦

• Our reservations will remain booked as long as you meet the requirements of two players within 15 minutes of server start. We are working on providing more features like map uploads, but won’t implement advance bookings as our exclusive server system can scale to the number of premium users we have, so each Patreon should always have a server even in high demand (Technically there is a limit, but there would need to be significant server demand to reach it).

Features Being Worked On:

• Custom maps
    • Custom booking types (MvM, Jump, L4D2 etc…)
    • Custom server names that can be saved for your exclusive server
    • More North America Server Locations (Chicago, North Virginia etc…)
    • More coming…

Let us know if you have anything that you want us to implement!

• @Kodyn Would it be possible to have user-uploaded maps/configs that are either public or private to that user? That’s to say, if I wanted to test a map I was building with a few friends would I need to make it accessible to the public as with serveme rn, or could I just have it on reservations I create?

• @vibeisveryo It is theoretically possible for us to implement user uploaded maps/configs that are private to each individuals session, but we will need a website to implement such a system (which we are currently working on already); however, we will look at the logistics on whether that is going to be a viable feature implementation in line with our other workload.

• why iowa tho lol

• @lampin we found Iowa was a more central location than Chicago providing more even ping between West and East coast. Although we can easily provide locations that cater only to West and East coast players as well as adding more central locations to allow players to have more choice on where they play.

Possible Locations We Can Support:

• Chicago
    • Oregon
    • Salt Lake City
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Iowa
    • Montreal
    • Toronto
    • North Virginia
    • S Carolina
    • Dallas
    • Miami
    • New Jersey
    • Seattle
    • Silicon Valley
  • realistically I think any west/east/canada servers are always going to be underutilized and demand for solid central servers is always going to be much higher. it would be better to expand availability in central locations like iowa, chicago, kansas, dallas before expanding location portfolio imo, but maybe thats just me

• @vibeisveryo our normal provider allows us to easily support Iowa, Oregon, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Montreal, North Virginia and South Carolina. We could at max support over 100+ servers just in Iowa alone if we needed to scale.

Chicago and Dallas we haven’t sourced a provider large enough to scale to that size if we needed it to yet, but we can work towards getting a similar solution for those two locations.

• @Kodyn gotcha sounds awesome

• @Kodyn said in Qixalite North America Server Trial:

@lampin we found Iowa was a more central location than Chicago providing more even ping between West and East coast. Although we can easily provide locations that cater only to West and East coast players as well as adding more central locations to allow players to have more choice on where they play.

Possible Locations We Can Support:

• Chicago
    • Oregon
    • Salt Lake City
    • Las Vegas
    • Los Angeles
    • Iowa
    • Montreal
    • Toronto
    • North Virginia
    • S Carolina
    • Dallas
    • Miami
    • New Jersey
    • Seattle
    • Silicon Valley

It might be more central geographically, but traffic routes better through chicago. From my oregon VPS to a random chicago tf2 server its 56 ping vs ~62 ping to your iowa data center. From most people in the central/east coast region, their traffic is going through chicago on the way to iowa anyhow(adding about 10 ping).

• @lampin our ping tests from our western locations like Oregon, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas showed a ping variation of 3 - 6 between Iowa and Chicago, where Iowa on Oregon, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas and Los Angeles on average had 2 - 3 better ping to Iowa (which in reality is marginal).

However, our eastern locations like Montreal and North Virginia had a ping difference of around 8 - 12 between Iowa and Chicago, where no doubt Chicago came up as the clear winner for our Eastern Locations for the exception of South Carolina.

Again, we are looking at sourcing Chicago servers as the next step. The main reason for the initial release to Iowa is because our current provider already had the infrastructure to support the location, so we deployed there first.

• I just want to point out, that none of you are allowed to cry over an increase of 10 ping until you have played on ping higher than 100 consistently.