KOTH Cascade

Topic created · 30 Posts · 672 Views
  • Maps loooooks awesome!!! Can’t wait to try it out!

• LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

• H. Y. P. E. D.

• Ok, this is epic

• From playing the newest version in the prolander cup, there were some really glaring issues.

1. The point caps WAY too fast. Like, twice as fast as most KOTH maps. Edging the point is way too easy to do because of this.

2. Capping mid delays spawns? Correct me if I’m wrong but this isn’t supposed to be a thing?

3. The sightline from right side of point by your team’s fence to the other team’s concrete should not exist. It’s way too powerful.

4. I think there’s a bit of a clipping issue with the platform on tunnel. Other team built a mini there and it was extremely difficult to shoot it. I could have been wrong about this though.

• need ammo on point pls

• @pajaro said in KOTH Cascade:

Capping mid delays spawns? Correct me if I’m wrong but this isn’t supposed to be a thing?

didn’t have this issue in my match, maybe you just caught the wrong time

The point caps WAY too fast. Like, twice as fast as most KOTH maps. Edging the point is way too easy to do because of this

Edging the point was basically impossible before so I welcome this change

• @vibeisveryo said in KOTH Cascade:

didn’t have this issue in my match, maybe you just caught the wrong time

The point caps WAY too fast. Like, twice as fast as most KOTH maps. Edging the point is way too easy to do because of this

Edging the point was basically impossible before so I welcome this change

I definitely had this occur. On one of the mids my team killed the medic first, our medic died about a second or two later. Other team caps, our medic spawns 2-3 seconds before their medic.

A koth point should NOT cap as fast as it does on this version of cascade. A x3 cap rate capped the point in 3 seconds.

• In our match today, the rocks on mid were misloaded and invisible:

20201219174304_1.jpg

@kasper said in KOTH Cascade:

need ammo on point pls

Also this, no ammo near the point makes it much harder to hold

• @pajaro said in KOTH Cascade:

1. The sightline from right side of point by your team’s fence to the other team’s concrete should not exist. It’s way too powerful.

alt text

I agree that this is kinda crazy

• too many sniper sightlines which make it hell pretty much in high divs
    • not a lot of ammo
    • for some reason seems way smaller than the old cascade (which is a downside)
    • same issue as the old cascade, not much cover
  • Map is fine. It does and feel like the same old Cascade with some okay additions and removals.

• @toast said in KOTH Cascade:

too many sniper sightlines which make it hell pretty much in high divs

you’re definitely right on this one, i feel like a lot of the stuff i was able to peek was only because my enemy snipers just weren’t good bc of the div my team got placed into for the 7s cup. I don’t think closing these sightlines off at the source - like the walls added to batts - is a good idea beyond the point it’s already been done, because otherwise sniper would be limited to irrelevance. Instead, I think cover on point should be expanded to provide for this - which also addresses another of toast’s points.

• I don’t think it being smaller than old cascade is a downside. Its geometry feels a lot more like product’s, which is a good thing, while preserving the map’s uniqueness. You don’t have to walk such a long distance, where you can get spammed out by forward holds, to take space on point, and actually edging the cap is feasible, as opposed to full-committing like old cascade somewhat forced you to do. This ends up making it so that if you’re getting beat, you’re not necessarily getting rolled.

My biggest complaint with the map right now is that the noise in the house/choke/batts area is enough to make it very easy for you to lose track of someone who gets behind, making it very easy for a soldier or det/jetpack pyro to take advantage of the map’s high skybox, or other classes to just walk behind when point isn’t capped, and do tons of work behind lines while it’s hard to counter them, especially at a height disad on point.

• i def agree that there wasnt enough ammo, felt like i was running out of ammo way too much

• rocks
    these rocks look like something you should be able to walk up smoothly but bc of the clipping of the wall you can’t

I’ll wait until getting a chance to play it more before sharing in-depth thoughts, however I can tell right away that I’ll be sad about the changes to batts. I enjoyed taking fights around that part of the map but now its mostly smaller interiors which don’t exactly have the most thrilling fights.

• alt text

alt text

alt text

this is pain

• @BMPD how is that much different from the existing fence spot on current cascade that already is a bit meh

• From just judging based on the pictures. The sniper is hidden vs being fully exposed in the old version.

• 7dc13633-5436-4417-9601-1d5415eb7724-image.png

This shit too low, make it taller.

Also ammo packs on point