HL s10 Qualifiers Predictions Thread

Topic created · 42 Posts · 365 Views
  • I definitely like the production quality of RGL, but honestly I don’t think I’ll be watching the qualifiers if rj + watterson (or other interesting invite players) aren’t casting them. It’s not everyday that you get to hear players as decorated and experienced as them talk about the game. I’m not all that interested on which of the teams wins the matches, i’m much more interested in hearing what rj and watterson have to say.

• @DolphiN said in HL s10 Qualifiers Predictions Thread:

it’s our first time covering qualifiers. I would recommend getting in touch with me before you decide which match you want to cast so I can give you an answer or recommendations before any official announcement, since we don’t actively seek out people’s plans to cast.

this is really the root of the issue. we have done this for seasons now with qualifier matches because they have never been officially casted before, so we had no reason to suspect we had to go through a more official channel - we put out an announcement that we were planning to cast them in this thread and were not informed there would be an official cast until just a few hrs before match time - this is particularly a problem when there is only one match tonight, not like we can just cast another one

appreciate all you do, just unfortunate that things happened this way

The rule means that the matches can be agreed to a reschedule up to 12hrs before the previously declared time, so a previously agreed Tuesday 11PM ET match cannot be decided to be pushed to Wednesday unless they notify us before Tuesday 11AM ET, along with notifying us before Monday 11AM ET if they reschedule to Monday 11PM ET. This gives us time to either put out, rescind, or edit a casting announcement.

If by bringing this rule up you think I am worried that your cast will be okay tonight, you are assessing the situation incorrectly. I am pointing out that RGL is willing and able to dole out punishments for interfering with their casts. I am pointing out that a DEFAULT MAJOR PENALTY should never be accepted fairly after this cast is done tonight.

I speak as someone who has fallen pray to these predatory rgl casting restrictions before, as my 7s team has been issued a major penalty in our grand finals match for ignoring wait for stv. Having personally paid into this page of the rulebook, I am upset to have to turn back to it today.

• @calo Just trying to clarify what the rules mean, since I’m not sure how it relates to tonight’s match and wording can be confusing.

• @DolphiN I understand and youre clearly caught in the crossfire. Having the RGL badge gives me hope that you and mothership can shake the bushes the admin team is hiding under.

• rogue is casting yeye vs itsy on upward

@calo said in HL s10 Qualifiers Predictions Thread:

[1010.1.4] - Casted Matches Cancellations
    Matches that are to be casted must be played on the match time agreed in match comms, or they can reschedule if agreed to twelve hours beforehand so that casting can be coordinated with the production team of the casting organization. Teams that violate this rule will receive a major penalty. An appeal process can be opened up to get this reduced to a minor penalty if it was unintentional (e.g. emergency or unforeseen event pops up).

major penalty? But 4 hours seems fine today though…

The rule means that the matches can be agreed to a reschedule up to 12hrs before the previously declared time, so a previously agreed Tuesday 11PM ET match cannot be decided to be pushed to Wednesday unless they notify us before Tuesday 11AM ET, along with notifying us before Monday 11AM ET if they reschedule to Monday 11PM ET. This gives us time to either put out, rescind, or edit a casting announcement.

In my head if a team has a limit of 12 hours prior to a match to attempt a reschedule to give the casting/production team a buffer, then it would be courteous for the RGL casting team to announce at least 12 hours prior their intention to cast a match to give a similar heads up to other potential casters. Not saying that this is a consequence of the rule as it exists now (it’s clearly not), just that in my head that’s how it ought to be. I understand that, as you said, circumstances can make this very difficult.

• @minty said in HL s10 Qualifiers Predictions Thread:

mothership holding up the big middle finger when the players expressed interest in casting the quals first before rgl even thought about it.

I am not sure if you realize or not, but I am not apart of the production team, did not write the rules, nor could of had any input in any decision regarding rgl casts. But I guess if answering a question with a direct link to the source of the answer is a middle finger, then yeah I guess I am.

@DolphiN I understand and youre clearly caught in the crossfire. Having the RGL badge gives me hope that you and mothership can shake the bushes the admin team is hiding under.

I appreciate this as all me and Dolphin can really do is answer questions and explain why things are the way they are currently.

As far as creating actual change in regards to the rule [1010.2.5] - Casting the same match as RGLgg, I would suggest you guys look at the previous discussion in RGL Conduct Survey #4 Results, Global Rule Edits, & 2021 March/April Bans and then make suggestions or ideas.

I am encouraging everyone to continue the discussion on this topic, as finding a proper solution is something I am all for, I just don’t want you guys to simply dismiss the reasoning behind why the current rules exist the way they do.

• I know how frustrating this rule has been for me, and it’s a shame to see it affect others, especially those whose streams have a much wider appeal. The casting restrictions and strict adherence to it with no exceptions despite how well many people in this community know each other is just bad. I talked about it in another thread and got no official response, but hopefully this thread displays more community figures against the restrictions.

RGL should want the MCM cast to take place, even if it is concurrent to their own official cast; and so RGL should try to help it happen. Instead of pointing at obstacles as excuses to have these restrictions, RGL should internally want to see these obstacles as issues that need to be fixed. However, it sounds like this isn’t the case. For RGL to not want MCM to be able to cast is antithetical to a major point for many in HL to move from UGC to RGL, the “community league” aspect.

I see that mothership linked the thread with my posts. Thanks. I would love for more discussion to exist in there because I genuinely want this rule to change. I think many others do too, but so many people disengage from this kind of activity. “I have years of pent up frustration over casting restrictions.” is a sentiment that chinatown shares with so many people.

• @sakura I’ll go ahead and put our casting plans for anyone that might be seeing this and want to plan accordingly:

Sunday 9/12-

RGL: itsyAcore vs Yeye - as long as itsy doesn’t shit the bed tonight.

Anyone: Train Station vs Never Knows Best

Monday 9/13-

RGL: Honestly don’t know at this point, but will update when more results come in

Never Knows Best vs itsyAcore

Yeye vs Train Station

@spring-rolls said in HL s10 Qualifiers Predictions Thread:

@DolphiN said in HL s10 Qualifiers Predictions Thread:

[1010.1.4] - Casted Matches Cancellations
    Matches that are to be casted must be played on the match time agreed in match comms, or they can reschedule if agreed to twelve hours beforehand so that casting can be coordinated with the production team of the casting organization. Teams that violate this rule will receive a major penalty. An appeal process can be opened up to get this reduced to a minor penalty if it was unintentional (e.g. emergency or unforeseen event pops up).

major penalty? But 4 hours seems fine today though…

In my head if a team has a limit of 12 hours prior to a match to attempt a reschedule to give the casting/production team a buffer, then it would be courteous for the RGL casting team to announce at least 12 hours prior their intention to cast a match to give a similar heads up to other potential casters. Not saying that this is a consequence of the rule as it exists now (it’s clearly not), just that in my head that’s how it ought to be. I understand that, as you said, circumstances can make this very difficult.

I usually harass sixes teams to let me know their schedule and plans to play for casting scheduling, but HL in general and tonight’s HL qualifier is an exception.

• @DolphiN When I mean exception for HL, I mean that I usually only tell teams we are casting them instead of harassing them, and tonight was an exception of not giving a heads-up to people.

• Trolling Rogue’s cast AGAIN? bro.

• @watterson rgl has been doing this shit for years dont expect them to tell you anything in advance about casts theyll just blanket ban you and throw it under the rug

• Sunday 9/12-

RGL: itsyAcore vs Yeye - as long as itsy doesn’t shit the bed tonight.

Anyone: Train Station vs Never Knows Best

itsyAcore shit the bed, we are casting Train vs Never tonight. itsyAcore vs Yeye is free for anyone

• @DolphiN thank u for the prior notice, i will be casting acore/yeye tonight @ twitch.tv/watterson

• @DolphiN not cool man

• Got some roster updates for the qual teams:
    Never Knows Best picked up MiG-21bis on demo, qki on pyro, and yogrrt on engi–finally giving them a full roster for the rest of quals!
    ItsyAcore Experience dropped Kainoa and picked up wxy. It looks like they’ll be swapping Inq back on pyro and put Despy on scout as well.

There will be three more matches happening tonight (Monday) at 8:30 and 9:30! This is still technically winnable for anyone since no team currently has more than 1 win so far.

• can someone cast the itsyACORE experience i think we have a real chance to put up a fight… or even win!

• @rgl u have two hours what u casting