Tf2 Log Searcher

Topic created · 13 Posts · 246 Views
  • Hello! I am pleased to announce the launch of the Tf2 Log Searcher! http://deeznuts.link/Tf2LogSearcher/

This website allows you to search an entire person’s logs.tf history for any word or phrase you want!

Once I get all the logs downloaded, I plan to use them for more interesting statistics.
    Things like:

• Average DPM of each class across each gamemode (and map too probably)
    • Leaderboard of who has said any given word the most!
    • Death heatmaps for each gamemode and map (big maybe)
    • Probably other cool things that I can’t think of right now.

Contact Kastaling#7893 on Discord for any comments, suggestions, or concerns! or feel free to comment here of course.
    I am open to any ideas for the website!

• this may be of use to you https://github.com/ldesgoui/clone_logs

• @ire I’ve taken a look at stuff like this before, unfortunately it doesn’t really have it in a format that I can effectively use (or more appropriately know how to use).

my current method for chat scraping is downloading each log as a .json file (with the ID as the name) then just searching the logs for the relevant chat bits.

future plans do include downloading each log as a raw .log file for FULL information (which would enable the death heatmaps). and by future i mean like tomorrow lmao.

thank you for the info tho! ive never encountered this specific github before, only the mega link.

• This is very cool and interesting. Looking forward to how this all ends up being in the future

• New update! Just added functionality to search for logs that contain the SteamIDs of the players you put in!

For example, you played a pug with some invite fella but you didn’t save the logs.tf link? Well simply but in your SteamID64 and their SteamID64 and then you will get a list of the logs that match as having those two SteamIDs!

http://deeznuts.link/Tf2LogSearcher/

also the word searcher is not case sensitive anymore 🙂

• New update! This one is probably the coolest/most useful feature yet!

You can now search through all your logs and have the stats put into a sortable table. You can refine your search based on classes played and gametype!

http://deeznuts.link/Tf2LogSearcher/

• really cool features, thanks for putting in the time to do these
    however, at least for the stats search, i think you forgot to remove a test print statement or something, because my names always end with cum
    pic

• @tua said in Tf2 Log Searcher:

really cool features, thanks for putting in the time to do these
    however, at least for the stats search, i think you forgot to remove a test print statement or something, because my names always end with cum
    pic

this is a feature

pic

@tua LMFAO

pic

oh my god i did forget to remove a test print statement, thank you for telling me

@BMPD said in Tf2 Log Searcher:

this is a feature

this was certainly not a feature

pic

LMFAO

• Is this open source? Seems pretty cool

• @Rebel No, currently closed source.

I have had thoughts of making it open source, but I’ve never actually used github before so I’ve been putting that on the burners for now.