Forums Feedback & Updates

Topic created · 40 Posts · 467 Views
  • Group name capitalization is consistent everywhere except the badge title in post headers.

6b0d3fc1-0d95-43d0-b038-2ef0b9cb2240-image.png

b218cff4-d5e0-4cee-b7a8-d1676ec70251-image.png

• also noticed afterwards that i can’t seem to change the group banner image after i initially set it, with changes besides removing reverting after a refresh

https://youtu.be/1dnFMVo8nL4

• @ire said in Forums Feedback & Updates:

Group name capitalization is consistent everywhere except the badge title in post headers.

6b0d3fc1-0d95-43d0-b038-2ef0b9cb2240-image.png

b218cff4-d5e0-4cee-b7a8-d1676ec70251-image.png

hmm… It looks like the forums are auto-capitalizing the first letter in each word. Might be a simalar to the process that removes caps from our tags. This isnt something we can fix, but I will see if it can be updated in future versions of our software.

@ire said in Forums Feedback & Updates:

also noticed afterwards that i can’t seem to change the group banner image after i initially set it, with changes besides removing reverting after a refresh

https://youtu.be/1dnFMVo8nL4

Its a bug. I am honestly not sure what causes this issue, but it has been plaguing us since the beginning. The only solution I have found that works is removing the background image, and then adding a new one some time later. The issue is with the way the forums are caching high quality images. TL;DR: Its pretty borked atm.

• Post-Edit update

• Removed the Post-edit limit for regular users.
    • Increased the rep requirement to lift new user restrictions from 3 to 5.
    • Increased the new user edit times from 1 week to 1 month.
    • Added post edit history to a bunch of select forums.
  • Fixed login bug

• The racism post from last week was a pretty good stress test of the forum format. It performed poorly in my opinion. Posts load as you scroll to the top or bottom, so you never leave the page. It also seems the number of posts on the page at any one time is capped – as you scroll more in, the posts in the other direction fall off. This makes finding earlier posts difficult, since it makes the “find” browser function worthless. Adding to that, I found that scrolling up would roll in more than one set of posts, so I would end up navigating well past where I wanted. (This was on Edge browser)

Maybe for that thread it was a benefit to the forums, since it was entirely drama/flame. But more productive threads would benefit from a better system. I suggest a “return to tradition,” and give the threads a static partition, which you navigate by clicking a page link.

• @Teapot

You can change your settings to enable paginate in your settings via your user drop down:

alt text

• @Teapot said in Forums Feedback & Updates:

The racism post from last week was a pretty good stress test of the forum format. It performed poorly in my opinion. Posts load as you scroll to the top or bottom, so you never leave the page. It also seems the number of posts on the page at any one time is capped – as you scroll more in, the posts in the other direction fall off. This makes finding earlier posts difficult, since it makes the “find” browser function worthless. Adding to that, I found that scrolling up would roll in more than one set of posts, so I would end up navigating well past where I wanted. (This was on Edge browser)

Maybe for that thread it was a benefit to the forums, since it was entirely drama/flame. But more productive threads would benefit from a better system. I suggest a “return to tradition,” and give the threads a static partition, which you navigate by clicking a page link.

One of the issues with the current forum software is that changing the default settings in regards to user settings like this wont update it for everyone. It will only affect the default settings for future users. Current users will maintain the settings they currently have and I am unable to do anything as I don’t have any ability to change them.

It would be a good idea for us to poll this along with some other things to determine the overall community thought on the forum settings which would be a good way to evaluate and make decisions like this which directly affect future users.

• Small update with some changes/fixes:

• “Fixed” pfp bug, also removed the rep requirement to change your pfp.
    • Removed the rep requirement to add/change your profile cover photo. This is the image that appears on your user profile and on your hover card.
  • Added the Challenger tags for the forums. You can now use them in the LFP, LFT, and LFS forums.

Removed the Div 1, and Div 2 tags from the forums, and added the Advanced tags for the sixes recruitment forums.