Forums Feedback & Updates

Topic created · 52 Posts · 600 Views
  • @High-Impact-Dolphin If the dark mode button isnt working, try refreshing the page. sometimes it gets stuck and you need to refresh for it to start working again.

• you know me, whining publicly before i try restarting my browser

ty @cyclowns @Mothership

• Beta 1.1.1 Update

• Updated Groups
      • Removed Highlander Mod group.
      • Added CappingTV Group
      • Added EssentialsTF Group.
      • (We are currently working on guidelines for forums groups for community projects. Please do not request a forum group until we have finalized our guidelines.
    • Updated Nav Bar
      • Removed Twitch, Discord, and RGL home page links.
      • Added /groups, /awards, and /Community-links to the nav bar.
        • /Community-Links has a full list of RGL links.
    • Updated Post Setting
      • Updated time users can edit their posts to 1 month.
      • Updated time users can delete their own posts to 1 week.
      • Updated the number of replies after users are disallowed to delete their own topics to 5.
    • Updated New User Restrictions
      • Updated time users can edit their posts to 1 week.
      • Updated Rep threshold for new users to 3.
    • Updated Rep Requirements
      • Removed Requirement for users to add “Website” to their user profiles.
      • Removed Requirement for users to add “About Me” to their user profiles.
      • Updated Requirement for users to Change their “Profile Picture” to 10.
      • Updated Requirement for users to Change their “Cover Picture” to 10.
    • Fixed an issue with topic sorting in categories.
    • Updated Tag Colors for the different divisions.
  • u fellas should add fonts to the forums (preferably the old hl forum fonts lol) and be able to size them. also gthe ability to save drafts was godly too.

EDIT: nvm i think it autosaves the current draft ur writing but still having the ability to neatly organize multiple drafts is cool (not that i personally did that, but having it as a tool would be neat)

• Can I default replies to threads to be “not watching”? For example, if I comment on somebody’s lft thread or even in just a general discussion one time, I may not want to get notifications for every reply.

I think the default should be to mark as “not watching” and only receive notifications if you are @ in the thread. I don’t like manually setting “not watching” every time.

• @rairai you can change your defaults via your settings:

alt text

• Something I noticed when I was gonna put feedback, is that on longer threads like this, it’s quite a search to find the reply button, especially when it comes to newer users of the forum. I recommend putting a reply button at the top of the thread, as well as the bottom, just so it’s easier to navigate.

My other feedback is that to make it easier to tell when a notification is read or not.
    For example, maybe highlighting the notification in red if it is unread, I understand that there are dots that light up next to the notification, but I would think it would be much more user friendly if it made it easier to tell whether or not we have read a notification.
    38182ff1-d116-4b4c-aa20-cc491d0839d5-image.png
    It was a bit tricky to understand which one’s I haven’t read yet, and if you added a feature that highlighted the ENTIRE unread notification in a visible color, like a bright red, or add a little red icon next to an unread notification, I think it would be much user friendly for newer users.

• @ISLLAMA

adding the reply stuff to the top is something we can def do.

As far as the notifaction highlights, it does actually highlight new notifications in the light mode, so we just need to fix it in the dark mode. thanks for bringing it up however, its one of the many things that the dark mode misses.

• This post is deleted!
  • The thumbs up button seems out of the way & rarely gets used from what I’ve seen. Is this something y’all want to/care to change?

• @vibeisveryo It’s right next to the Reply button on my screen?

• @scaredy-bat not exactly conspicuous tho is it

• @vibeisveryo I am not sure where you would suggest we move it to. all three options (Reply, Quote, Upvote) are all in the same place on the bottom right of every post. This also coincides with the overall thread options (reply, mark unread, watching). its currently used way more than the old forums and that could partly be due to banners requiring at least 10 rep.

• @Mothership perhaps a reddit-esque top left?

• Beta 1.2.0 Events and Calendar Update

We are glad to bring you the RGL Forums Calendar! In this update we have added a new forum section dedicated to events, casts and streams. In these forums, event threads can be created which users can view, RSVP to, and even comment and discuss the event. Events created in these forums also get added to our new calendar tab on the nav bar that organizes the events in an easy to view way.

alt text
    alt text

Additionally, if you click YES to RSVP to an event, you will also receive a notification(s) for when the event begins.

We have also introduced some new guidelines for the creation of forum groups. The creation of events on the forum calendar is restricted to existing casting organization that is recognized and approved via the RGL global rulebook. However there are other perks that you gain from having a group on the RGL forums. If you wish to have a group on the RGL forums please read our guidelines in our stickied Support thread. https://forums.rgl.gg/topic/95/support-guidelines

• im unable to edit the original post of coachs corner. i dont think there should be a time limit on when u cant edit a post.

• You should include the poster’s name along with their avatar. Without the name, LFT posts can be very hard to read if it’s not included in the subject. See the second post in the figure below for example

cc34155a-fc21-4e47-8e1a-92d6638ea009-image.png

• Group name capitalization is consistent everywhere except the badge title in post headers.

6b0d3fc1-0d95-43d0-b038-2ef0b9cb2240-image.png

b218cff4-d5e0-4cee-b7a8-d1676ec70251-image.png

• also noticed afterwards that i can’t seem to change the group banner image after i initially set it, with changes besides removing reverting after a refresh

https://youtu.be/1dnFMVo8nL4

• @ire said in Forums Feedback & Updates:

Group name capitalization is consistent everywhere except the badge title in post headers.

6b0d3fc1-0d95-43d0-b038-2ef0b9cb2240-image.png

b218cff4-d5e0-4cee-b7a8-d1676ec70251-image.png

hmm… It looks like the forums are auto-capitalizing the first letter in each word. Might be a simalar to the process that removes caps from our tags. This isnt something we can fix, but I will see if it can be updated in future versions of our software.

@ire said in Forums Feedback & Updates:

also noticed afterwards that i can’t seem to change the group banner image after i initially set it, with changes besides removing reverting after a refresh

https://youtu.be/1dnFMVo8nL4

Its a bug. I am honestly not sure what causes this issue, but it has been plaguing us since the beginning. The only solution I have found that works is removing the background image, and then adding a new one some time later. The issue is with the way the forums are caching high quality images. TL;DR: Its pretty borked atm.